How to give your garage an attractive curb appealSeptember 25, 2018
The garage: An ideal place to kick-start your start-upNovember 28, 2018
Garage Revamp: Get Organised!
After tackling your garage doors, walls and the floors of your garage, it is time to get it organised. Nothing spoils the look of a beautiful revamped garage more than random boxes and tools everywhere. A disorganised garage is not only an eyesore but it also makes finding something a total mission.
When it comes to storage you need to be resourceful. Here are some ideas to inspire you to get organised:
Make the most of your ceiling space
Even if you drive a relatively high car, there will still be some space close to the ceiling of your garage. This space can be utilised for things you don’t need often like Christmas decorations for example.
- A sliding system: A good idea is to mount wooden “tracks” to your ceiling and sliding plastic storage bins in between.
- Hooks: Mounting several hooks to your ceiling is also a great idea as this can allow you to store things like bikes upside down.
- Ceiling rack: Create one or more rectangular shelves on your ceiling where you can store long objects such as fishing rods, boogie boards etc. Pellet wood could work nicely and if painted white could look great too.
Make the most of your wall space
The walls of your garage provide ample space if used wisely. However, it requires some TLC to look refined. Just stacking several plastic storage bins on top of each other for example, doesn’t really hit the brief.
- Slat wall: A slat wall is a neat way to hang your smaller tools and DIY essentials in easy to reach places. Use either hooks or baskets with the same style and colour.
- Shelves: Shelves from either wood or steel can look great against your walls. Add a plastic storage bin to each shelve to round off the look and keep any untidy bits hidden.
- PVC pipe: Mount pieces of PVC pipe to your walls to store garden tools neatly.
- Cupboards: Steel or wooden cupboards are on the pricey side but will definitely give the neatest appearance of all. Don’t forget to utilise the space high up the wall too.
A garage is far more than just the place your cars and tools live. It can be anything you want it to be. Making the most of the space, and ensuring that it looks good, is therefore essential. Contact Rightfit if you need your garage doors to fit in with this goal.